We are open!!
Please read the below letter from our Board of Directors for more information on our current COVID policies.
If you have specific questions feel free to email us at: BOTCinfo@gmail.com.
Dear Members, Students and Volunteers,
Below are the current operational policies at BOTC*.
*Please note these policies may be changed at any time as deemed necessary by the Board of Directors.
- Obedience & Conformation classes will be limited to 12 students, not including the instructor(s). We will continue to limit 1 handler, per dog. No visitors or observers will be allowed except in cases of a minor or disabled handler requiring a parent or assistant to be present. (Effective September 7, 2020)
- Agility class sizes will remain limited to 10 or less students or, the current number of students already in the class.
- 1 class per room at a time with a ‘buffer’ time between classes. Some classes may be moved, restructured or rescheduled to accommodate this.
- Drop in classes (Novice, Open/Utility & Conformation) will require advanced sign up in order to restrict class size. Monday night run-thrus remain temporarily suspended.
- In accordance with the Mask Mandate put in place by Gov. Walz, all students, instructors & volunteers will be required to wear a face mask while in the building. Masks will not be provided. If you do not wear a mask, you will be asked to leave.
- Instructors may modify curriculum to adhere to state guidelines.
- Class equipment including; gates, cones, jumps or Agility equipment will be moved only by the class instructor.
- Communal water dishes will be permanently removed. Bring a water dish for your dog.
- Please maintain appropriate social distance at all times in class.
- One way flow: Obedience, Conformation & Flyball students should enter through the main double doors that lead into the lobby, and exit through the exit door near the garage door in the Obedience room. Agility students should enter through the Agility door, and exit through the exit door near the garage door in the Obedience room. Signs will be placed to assist you.
- If you need to stop at the front desk, please maintain appropriate social distance from our front desk volunteer and other students. Markings will be placed on the floor to assist you.
- If you wish to purchase an item from our store, please ask the front desk volunteer for assistance. Do not touch the items yourself.
- We are encouraging touchless payment whenever possible. You may pay for classes via online registration or, with our square reader at the front desk.
- Students arriving for the first night of class will receive an email to remind them to provide a digital copy of their dog’s vaccination records. Please submit this digitally to reduce hand to hand transfer and congregation at the front desk.
- Chairs will be in place and placed 6ft apart to facilitate social distancing.
- Please do not linger after your class to reduce student overlapping between classes.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be provided and all soap and paper towel dispensers in the restrooms have been upgraded to ‘touchless’.
- We will routinely disinfect commonly touched surfaces (restrooms, doors, fridge, chairs etc.)
- Wash/sanitize your hands frequently, cover coughs & sneezes and most importantly do not come to class if you are ill or have been exposed to someone who is.
By entering Bloomington Obedience Training Club and/or attending class, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to follow and abide by these policies as listed here.
CHECK OUT OUR UPCOMING
BOTC Formed In
Type Of Classes Offered
The Bloomington Obedience Training Club (BOTC) is a dog training school that has been serving the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area for more than 50 years. BOTC is run by a group of dedicated volunteer members committed to helping you train your dog to be a well mannered family dog or a competition dog by using a variety of positive motivational techniques.