Beginner Flyball is an 8 session course introducing the dog and handler to the fast-paced, exciting sport of Flyball.
In this class, dogs will be introduced to the following Flyball fundamentals:
- Intro to Jumps
- Building a box turn- using wall touch exercises and a training chute
- Chase game- to build and increase drive back to you
- Hups over Jump Board – to teach body control
- Catching (mouth/eye coordination)
- Restrained recalls
- Passing – teaching the dog to pass another dog during a race
- Box Hit-its – to teach a fast, yet safe, box turn
These skills will help your dog build muscle memory and drive, be more competitive and love the sport of Flyball.
Each dog learns at a different pace and class instruction will be tailored to fit each individual dog’s needs and skill level.
So, if you have a ball crazy dog who loves to fetch, Flyball may be the sport for you!
Strong Recall – Some obedience is nice but not necessary, you just have to be in control of your dog.
*Note: Please arrive to class with your dog on a 4-6ft leash and a standard flat buckle or rolled leather collar, or body harness. No “flexi” type retractable leashes please.
Feel free to bring your dog’s favorite toy and/or small, soft treats for rewards.
8 Week Class – 6:30PM to 7:30PM (Friday)
Starts: February 10, 2017
Ends: March 31, 2017